We all want to look our very best on our wedding day! Here are some tips on what we should do and avoid doing!
- Do drink plenty of water so your skin is well hydrated.
- Don’t start excessive exercise the week of your weeding, you don’t want to have muscle pain or any injuries.
- Don’t pick on your pimple(s) or blackheads, you don’t want to have any scars or scabs on the day of your wedding.
- Do get a facial a week before the big day. Facials are amazing! Not only does it relax you, it eliminates dead skin cells and give you that glow you want.
- Do use a good face cream and serum before putting on any makeup.
- Don’t use harsh exfoliants in the morning of your wedding day, you don’t want to irritate your skin.
- Do tweez or wax at least 2 to 3 days prior to the wedding. This will decrease your chances of having red, irritated and dry skin. This is also very important if you are removing any facial hair (brows, upper lip) because it will allow makeup to sit smoothly on your skin.
- Don’t go to the tanning salon the day before and risk yourself of a burn or better yet don’t start tanning and get too dark… you don’t want to lose your NATURAL beauty!
- Do use a self tanners two days prior of the event! But make sure that you have exfoliated and hydrated your skin before and that you’ve at least tried it a few times so you know what the outcome is.
- Do hydrate your skin by moisturizer it one hour prior to putting on your gown. This will allow time for the cream to sink in! Best result is to apply it right after a hot shower.
- Do avoid dramatic changes to your hair color, cut and style. You want to look like yourself in your pictures and video. It is always best to do a bridal hair trial a few weeks before your big day.
- Do avoid red wine, tea or caffeinated drinks a few days before the event so your teeth don’t get stained.
- Do schedule a cleaning and/or bleaching of your teeth a few days before your wedding.
- Do apply your fragrance before getting dress so you don’t risk staining your dress.
- Do ask your makeup artist to give you a scraping of the lip stick color she is using for you; you can scrape it on the mirror of your powder compact.
- Do use a waterproof mascara
- Do exfoliate and moisturize your lips before putting on your lipstick
- Do prepare a small makeup case; lip liner, lip stick, concealer, blush, powder, and bronzer for touch ups
- Don’t try to use false lashes if you haven’t used it before! Try a few times before to see if you are comfortable having them on. A bridal makeup trial is best to try a few weeks before the big day.
- Do consult your hair stylist on what you should do for your hair the night before; wash, blow dry, leave mousse or gel in…
- Do get a good night sleep, you want to look well rested.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!