Some interesting historical facts on MAKEUP
Did you know,
- The word COSMETIC was originally found from the latin word COSMETAE (which described the slaves during the roman times, who use to bathe influent romans in perfume)
- Higher class women in the Victorian times would wear very little makeup. Prostitutes, actresses and working class women were the ones who wore makeup on an every day basis.
- Back in the Renaissance times women wanted PORCELAIN white skin, therefore they used Arsenic powder as a foundation. That was immediately discontinued after realizing it was a very unhealthy method.
- The Egyptian times was when makeup had first made it’s appearance. Women use to apply dark colors under their eyelids and darkening their lashes. Difference was, they used CHARCOAL instead eyeliner and mascara. Other natural element were used during those times, such as flower for perfume, Hena for nail polish and beats to stain their lips and checks.
- Ancient romans hated wrinkles, freckles and sunspots, so to soften WRINKLES they would use Swans fat or donkeys milk, and for sores and freckles, they used ashes of a snail.
Till next time,
Sylva K & Team
I recently visited the Chanel counter and found out some great news that I would like to share with you!
CHANEL has recently launched a new collection of lip products called Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. These lip glosses are marketed as “The Pure Essance of Colour and Shine”
Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss comes in 9 shades;
I completely fell in love with the #56 Imaginaire colour! I wear it all the time, it gives my lips a high-gloss, pigmented look and the best thing about it, is that, it doesnt dry my lips!
These wonderful lip glosses come in a elegant shiny black tubed with gold trim, a little similar to the Rouge Allure Lacques but much taller! The Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss tube is stamped with “Chanel Paris” and “Chanel New York”
The applicator is very different then the traditinal Chanel applicators the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss applicator is more thinner and more flexible, similar to a triangle shape.
The Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss promises “bold colours and intense shine combined with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear creates a dramatic effect. Lips feel comfortable – never sticky or tacky – and look luminous, full and sensuous for hours. The double-sided, flocked applicator delivers ultra-precise definition.”
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Till next time,