They say the best way to guess someone’s age is to look at their hands. Most people don’t think of this but your hands and fingers are very important and should be maintained very well.
Keep your hand beautiful with gentle exfoliation and daily massages using special hydrating creams that nourishes and helps prevent wrinkles. The sun is your worst enemy, so don’t forget to apply protection on your hands as well as your fingernails.
Go for frequent manicures or just do it yourself at home.
If your hands are super dry, use a gentle hand mask, apply a thick layer on the skin and them put on a pair of cotton gloves.
If your nails are very week, use a straightening base coat and protective polish
If your nails are seriously damaged and is peeling, try placing your hand in a bowl of warm almond oil for about 15 minutes.
If your hands are always cold, this means that your circulation is poor, raise your hands in the air and massage from the tips of your fingers down to your wrists.
Till next time,
The Countdown Begins!
Looking flawless on your wedding day isn’t as simple is waking up the day of and having your hair and makeup done. In order to absolutely jaw-dropping, we’ve compiled a breakdown of what you can do up to 6 months before the big day!
6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Start treating your hair Trim, gloss and treatment. Book them every six weeks between now and the weeding. You’ll thank yourself when the big day has arrived.
- Think colour Book an appointment with your colorist, getting the right hue might take several times before you get the look you want. Let the experts explain you want suits your complexion. Highlight are a nice way to brighten up your look. Gloss is great for darker hair, it lives a shine, rich color and amazing texture to the hair.
- Laser Start to laser unwanted hair! Book your appointments but leave your last appointment tree weeks before your wedding! You don’t want to be left with any redness or irritation.
3 MONTHS BEFORE
- Facials Don’t we all love facials? Book an appointment at your Spa for a deep cleansing facial, this will eliminate dead cells, clear up your complexion and hydrate your skin! Remember makeup sits better on a hydrated skin! Please follow the treatment at home! If you don’t have a good cleanser, toner, exfoliate and Cream!!! GO BUY!!! It’s a must J Book facials every two weeks for best results!
- Lashes It takes 8 to 12 weeks before new lashes stat growing so start treating your lashes, Use Vitamin E oil! Simply apply the oil on the roots of the lashes with a k-tip at night, this will help the lashes grow longer and stronger. Try not to put a lot of mascara! Give your lashes time to breath and stay away from waterproof mascaras!
2 MONTHS BEFORE
- Bronze Okay! Now it’s safe to try on a spray tan! Schedule appointment to a few salons! Make sure you work around your Bridal shower, bachelorette, and photo shoots so you won’t feel uncomfortable with your color! If you went too dark or feel orange consult my Makeup Monday “Self Tanning.”
- Nails Here we are, back to the spa!! Yeyyyy J make sure you book once a week for a manicure and twice a month for pedicures. You want your hand and feet to look it’s best.
1 MONTH BEFORE
- Smile! Call your Dentist and schedule an appointment to whiten your teeth or if you prefer you can buy a kit at the pharmacy!
- Wax Please!! Don’t leave the waxing last minute, as a makeup artist I’ve seen my brides left with burn scabs, breakout, and redness! You don’t want that to happen to you! So I beg you book your appointment at least 3 to 4 days before.
- Breath! It’s going to be a crazy week for you so take time to relax! Going for a massage with your friend, mom, fiancé or even alone will help you distress and make you a happier bride.
2nd Image from: http://izzymakeup.com/