Elie by Elie Saab 2014 Bridal Collection
The “Roaring Twenties”, the “Jazz age” is back in style with a modern twist!
For more Gatsby pictures – Wedding Chicks
Gorgeous brooches and feathers are added to the bouquet!
Bold geometric wedding cakes
Gatsby inspired wedding invitations by Art Deco
I am absolutely stunned by this 20’s themed wedding by SWANK’S Great Gatsby-inspired wedding
Choosing the right pair of shoes is extremely important for wedding day, not only do you want to be comfortable in them but you also want it to look stylish on your feet!
Here are a few simple tips on how to pick the right pair;
- First thing you need to keep in mind is comfort! You want to feel comfortable in your heels so that you can walk and dance at ease.
- Make sure your shoes are not too big, meaning too long or wide. You don’t want to see a gap between your foot and the shoe because this will allow your foot to shift around and will definitely cause you some discomfort!
- You also don’t want your toes to be cramped in your shoes, this can cause damage to your toe nails.
- Decide on the right kind of heel. High heel means more pressure on the ball of your foot, ankle and knee. Some shoes have a cushion inside that can help with the pressure, some have a thickness underneath the ball of the foot and some have a thicker heel which will help you balance yourself better… these are all small things to look out for!
- It’s important not to rush to purchase your pair of shoes, wearing it for a while at the shop, will help you determine if the shoe is a right fit for you.
- Remember, wearing the right pair of shoes, makes you feel comfortable, beautiful and feminine🙂
“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
— Marilyn Monroe
We are loving Emmy Shoes, http://www.emmyshoes.co.uk/
I hope everyone is doing well! It’s monday, and the Sylva K Team is heading off to a Bridal Shoot!! They’ll be some amazing coture dresses worn, I absolutely can not wait!
The talented Brian will be shooting! I’ll be uploading the pictures from the shoot as soon as I can!
The Countdown Begins!
Looking flawless on your wedding day isn’t as simple is waking up the day of and having your hair and makeup done. In order to absolutely jaw-dropping, we’ve compiled a breakdown of what you can do up to 6 months before the big day!
6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Start treating your hair Trim, gloss and treatment. Book them every six weeks between now and the weeding. You’ll thank yourself when the big day has arrived.
- Think colour Book an appointment with your colorist, getting the right hue might take several times before you get the look you want. Let the experts explain you want suits your complexion. Highlight are a nice way to brighten up your look. Gloss is great for darker hair, it lives a shine, rich color and amazing texture to the hair.
- Laser Start to laser unwanted hair! Book your appointments but leave your last appointment tree weeks before your wedding! You don’t want to be left with any redness or irritation.
3 MONTHS BEFORE
- Facials Don’t we all love facials? Book an appointment at your Spa for a deep cleansing facial, this will eliminate dead cells, clear up your complexion and hydrate your skin! Remember makeup sits better on a hydrated skin! Please follow the treatment at home! If you don’t have a good cleanser, toner, exfoliate and Cream!!! GO BUY!!! It’s a must J Book facials every two weeks for best results!
- Lashes It takes 8 to 12 weeks before new lashes stat growing so start treating your lashes, Use Vitamin E oil! Simply apply the oil on the roots of the lashes with a k-tip at night, this will help the lashes grow longer and stronger. Try not to put a lot of mascara! Give your lashes time to breath and stay away from waterproof mascaras!
2 MONTHS BEFORE
- Bronze Okay! Now it’s safe to try on a spray tan! Schedule appointment to a few salons! Make sure you work around your Bridal shower, bachelorette, and photo shoots so you won’t feel uncomfortable with your color! If you went too dark or feel orange consult my Makeup Monday “Self Tanning.”
- Nails Here we are, back to the spa!! Yeyyyy J make sure you book once a week for a manicure and twice a month for pedicures. You want your hand and feet to look it’s best.
1 MONTH BEFORE
- Smile! Call your Dentist and schedule an appointment to whiten your teeth or if you prefer you can buy a kit at the pharmacy!
- Wax Please!! Don’t leave the waxing last minute, as a makeup artist I’ve seen my brides left with burn scabs, breakout, and redness! You don’t want that to happen to you! So I beg you book your appointment at least 3 to 4 days before.
- Breath! It’s going to be a crazy week for you so take time to relax! Going for a massage with your friend, mom, fiancé or even alone will help you distress and make you a happier bride.
2nd Image from: http://izzymakeup.com/